Not Just A Diva... a Goddess
 
Wednesday, June 07, 2006
Verbal dyslexia.
For god knows how long, I have periodically taken leave of my senses and uttered something mind numbingly stupid. Not stupid in a "what were you thinking?" sort of way but in a "wow, that's really messed up - how did you come up with that?" way. One of my very first forays into verbal dyslexia was my mess up of the seemingly simple word BUTTERSCOTCH. Who knew that SCUTTERBOTCH was a flavour?

I've recently been witness to two other verbal dyslexia sufferers. Let me tell you, I didn't hesitate to jump in with both feet with enthusiastic and hysterical laughter.

  • DAIRY QUEEN: Pull up to the drive through and ask what the 'featured flavours' are for Blizzards this month... my favorite was BROWNIE BLADDER. I was still wheezing (you know, that silent laughter that makes you wonder if you'll breathe normally ever again) when we pulled up to the pickup window.
  • SCHOOL: There is an ongoing joke about our course outline and how it suggested that last week we do required reading of Chapter ?? . We regularly refer to it as chapter questionmark. Today it got a little crazy. Someone referred to it as 'QUESTION CHAPTERMARK".
posted by Fitchick @ 9:31 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 1:36 PM, Blogger doctor T said…

    Ha! I know the feeling. On Sunday I saw a girl riding her bike with her guitar on her back and said to Mike "how do you ride a guitar with a bike on your back? Seems dangerous." He just looked at me like I was crazy and said "yeah, it would be pretty awkward!"

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Udah Lewat
Archives
judul

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus. Aenean viverra malesuada libero. Fusce ac quam.

judul

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus. Aenean viverra malesuada libero. Fusce ac quam.

Links
Templates by
Free Blogger Templates